Update: revised versions (PDF) of our Strategic Plan and the Association By-laws.
Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the New Mexico Forest Industry Association (NMFIA) was established in 2007 as a non-profit corporation. We are a federally recognized 501(c)(6) organization. NMFIA’s objectives include the following:
- Promote healthy forests;
- Promote community based economic development;
- Promote sound forestry practices for the benefit of our forests and the forest product industry;
- Promote and provide public relations for the forest industry and to stimulate interest, use and involvement in the forest products industry;
- Provide members and others with opportunities for dialog, education, advancement, and improvement in all aspects of the forest industry;
- Promote, foster and develop industry standards, research and development, quality control and industry integrity;
- Articulate and advocate as a focused voice the needs and interests of the forest industry before local, state and federal governments;
- Operate as an official trade association of the New Mexico forest industry for the purpose of promoting the common business interests of its members.
NMFIA is supported by a combination of revenue streams which include member dues, donations, fee-for-service programs, and grants.
For questions please contact:
José J. Varela López
New Mexico Forest Industry Association